Invited Headline Speaker at the September 8, 2021 TRAA Meeting
Tony Hale is a professional political consultant living in Redondo Beach. He presently serves as an Executive Board member of the California Democratic Party for the 66th Assembly District. He is also the Chair of the Resolutions Committee of the Los Angeles County Democratic Party.
He started working on political campaigns in the 1984 Presidential campaign of Walter Mondale. In 2008, Tony started and managed the South Bay’s first year-round Democratic headquarters. He is a Co-author of a Precinct Operations Manual with a forward by Governor Michael Dukakis. A former Chair of the Environmental Caucus of the California Democratic Party, Tony’s concern for the environment started with his childhood interest in the ocean habitat. He has been a certified SCUBA diver for 44 years, and has worked on environmental projects off the California coast. In 2015, Tony ran the campaign to prevent oil drilling in Hermosa Beach. He won a victory at the ballot box by almost 80% and defeated the oil company’s million-dollar campaign. Tony continues to help elect Democrats in Northern and Southern California.
Tony Hale doesn’t just talk about progressive values, he has established them in the Democratic Party. As Chair of the Los Angeles County Democratic Party’s Resolutions Committee and Co-Chair of the State Party’s Resolution committee, Tony Hale has developed and furthered our Party’s commitment to progressive values.
Tony Hale has secured the Democratic Party’s commitment to:
- Opposing fracking and reducing the threat of destructive climate change
- Supporting universal health care
- Preserving a our local environment and removing toxins from our food, air and water
- Raising the minimum wage and protecting the rights of working people
- Demanding reforms in policing
- Supporting teachers and public education
- Defending the rights of women, people of color and the LGBTQ community
- Increasing our commitment to reduce homelessness especially among our veterans
- Calling for an end to the death penalty
- Promoting the humane treatment of animals
- Calling for the transition away from MHF
- And, much more